Many people nowadays can’t start their day without sipping through a cup of espresso coffee. It’s been an essential drink for all. Not just working men and women, but even students can’t focus enough without drinking a cup of coffee and so they rush to the nearest coffee shop. Now, think about yourself. You want to wake up fresh every morning but don’t want to drive to the café to get that perfectly brewed flavor-bursting coffee. Right?
You need to invest in the best super automatic espresso machine; however, finding the right one is a complicated job. There are so many options in the market, so we’ve written a detailed review of the eight best automatic espresso machines so you can make a perfect choice for yourself.
Let’s dig into the details!
Beautiful, compact, and meticulous design, Dinamica is De’Longhi’s new line of the best fully automatic espresso machines. It comes with De’Longhi’s technical expertise and can transform your kitchen into a smart café.
The Dinamica line has 4 models, but the launch of ECAM35075SI replaces all outdated models thats why it is considered the best super-automatic espresso machine of 2020.
Operation is more touch-sensitive than in older models. If you have a small kitchen then this coffee maker could be your best choice because the water tank is easily inserted from the side, making access convenient for all.
Moreover, the espresso machine allows you to customize drinks to your preference. For example, you can adjust the strength of the drinks, select your favorite recipes, grind size etc.
The ECAM35075SI has 18 of your favorite specialties like espresso, latte, iced coffee cappuccino, flat white, ristretto, and more. There are six buttons to select your best recipe. Just press a button and your drink in ready. Likewise, there are two buttons, “Drink Menu” and “My Menu” to prepare additional recipes, each having its own programs and capabilities.
- Compact and elegant design with LCD display.
- 18 espresso plus specialty coffee recipes get ready in a simple touch of a button.
- Built-in conical burr grinder for always freshly ground coffee.
- Convenient to fill the water tank.
- Personalization of favorite recipes with My Menu option.
- Pre-wetting function helps develop the correct flavor.
- Automatic and adjustable milk frothing––LatteCrema System produces textured steamed milk lattes and cappuccinos.
- Authentic, patented brewing unit, and Dual Thermoblock System.
- Improved noise isolation compared to previous models.
*Frothing quality will depend on the type of milk selected. De’Longhi recommends both dairy (2%) and non-dairy milk––oat, rice, or soy milk.
- No active cup warmer
The Philips 3200 Series’ has an intuitive design, also called LatteGo. It is the best automatic latte and cappuccino maker that prepares yummy drinks with just one press button. In total, you will get 6 buttons, one for hot water and the other five for your favorite aromatic coffee drinks: cappuccino, coffee, latte macchiato, espresso, and Americano.
- Stylish design
- Best for lattes and cappuccinos
- The ceramic coffee grinder grinds coffee beans evenly–the key to delicious coffee.
- Some parts of the machine are dishwasher-safe.
- Easy to set up and clean in as little as 15 seconds
- Tells you when to discard the used coffee–– and reminds you when it’s time to wash the machine.
- Philips claims this automatic latte maker will last for 20,000 cups.
*The quality of your coffee drink depends on the type of milk you use. If your milk consistency is not accurate, it will affect your froth’s quality. Likewise, the quality of the foam also depends on the temperature of the milk.
We recommend using 3 to 4.8 percent pasteurized or ultra-pasteurized milk or you can also use lactose-free milk. But always use refrigerated milk.
- The only serious drawback of this best home espresso machine is that it is very noisy.
3. Gaggia Brera Automatic Coffee Maker – Best for Milk-Based Coffee
Gaggia Brera is an awesome machine in terms of price, which is hard to beat these days. However, it isn’t fully automatic as you have to steam milk manually. But there’s no problem with steaming manually as many coffee lovers are using it for ages.
This coffee maker is best for those who are looking to explore a bit with milk but need an ease of a super automatic. You can make Americanos or milk coffees perfectly but it makes espressos too.
- Stylish design
- Great for making milk-based drinks
- This best semi automatic espresso machines has stainless steel Panarello steam wand that gives you excellent steamed milk for lattes, cappuccinos, or hot chocolate.
- Easy to clean under the tap
- Affordable and compact compared to other machines with similar features.
- It is a bit noisy.
- The hardware isn’t of high quality, and off course that is reflected in the price tag.
4. Breville BES990BSS Oracle Touch – Premium Choice
The BES990BSS is the premium choice for coffee lovers. If you are looking for the best super automatic espresso machines that deliver you a highest quality espresso, this Breville model with Oracle Touch must be your choice. Trust us; no other commercial super automatic espresso machine competes for the taste of coffee like it.
This coffee machine has increased functionality, but you have to pay for it. The Oracle Touch option fully automates the coffee preparation process from start to the end that sets it apart from other super automatic espresso machines.
The BES990BSS model has the water boiler, the steam boiler, and the brewing unit. This helps speed up the process of coffee preparation, allowing you to prepare both espresso and Americano simultaneously. Moreover, the brew unit and digital temperature feature control the heating level optimally so that you enjoy the perfect coffee’s taste and aroma.
The BES990BSS coffee grinder outperforms other best super automatic espresso machines––has 45 grind size choices––the largest figure among its competitors.
Moreover, there are six drinks pre-programmed: latte, flat white, espresso, americano cappuccino, and steamed milk. Choose anything you like as you can also save six best recipes and start brewing with one touch.
- The well-equipped professional model with attractive design.
- It has touch-screen display. The Oracle Touch is super easy to operate.
- You can select a drink and make your own recipe.
- It offers 45 grind size choices––highest of others espresso machines.
- It has three heating elements for a faster process.
- Best for both home and commercial purposes.
- High price
5. Jura E8 – Best automatic espresso machine
At first glance, you will notice Jura E8 best design and its elegance. Besides, it allows you to prepare a variety of 16 coffee drinks in one go. The drink options include flat white, espresso, cappuccino, and latte macchiato. The special part about this machine is that to prepare a flat white drink, first it pours the coffee, and then layers of frothed milk. This best super automatic espresso machine won the Red Dot Design Award because no other machine has compete it yet.
The preparation process of cappuccino coffee drink is fully automatic. If you love fast preparation of your favorite drink, this machine is a great choice.
Conveniently, this model flushes its milk nozzle automatically. This is a rare feature among other best super-automatic espresso machines as you have to do it manually. If you’re looking for jura coffee machine reviews, so here are some pros and cons.
It’s also super programmable––with a simple-to-use TFT control panel. When choosing “Expert Mode,” you can control everything like the amount of milk you used, shot temperature, etc. Moreover, the grinder is of high-quality and makes no noise, helping you get the best drink. Last but not least, Jura E8 offers 12 ready-made coffee drinks.
Attractive design as compared to other best jura espresso machines
- Has a 2.8-inch color display––– provides detail and easy settings
- Preparation of high-quality espresso drinks––get 16 drinks with a single button
- Automatic flushing of the nozzle after the last drink
- High price
- Fixed infuser lengthen and complicates the cleaning process
6. Saeco HD8927/47 PicoBaristo––1.8 L, Stainless Steel
This Super Automatic Espresso Machine allows you to select one of 15 delicious drinks. Besides, you can customize it according to your taste. Let’s suppose, you’re entertaining friends who are coffee lovers – cappuccino, flat white, double espresso, and baby cappuccino all have different taste– and your friends want them all right now. There’s no best choice other than buying Saeco PicoBaristo coffee machine as it’s also touch screen coffee machine.
Not only it delivers delicious coffee but its quick-heat boiler technology allows quick preparation, so you can quickly brew one cup after another.
- Automatic milk preparation system
- Advanced touch screen display
- Allows you to make 15 Drinks with a one-touch menu
- Huge water tank capacity
- Average heat up time is 105 sec which is quite good
- Brew group: Removable
- Easy cleaning. Also, milk frother is dishwasher-safe
- The water pump is louder
7. DeLonghi ECAM22110SB Compact Automatic Machine – Best Compact
This super-automatic espresso machine has a 17 inch footprint, means you can fit it in any part of your beautiful home. Yet, despite its size, this DeLonghi model provides five drink options out of which four can be avail just at the touch of a button. Also, this small machine has a professional burr grinder that allows you to grind fresh beans every time you need fresh coffee.
The adjustable manual system mixes steam and milk well so can you get the longest-lasting and thicket foam for your favorite cappuccino. In short, it provides you great control over the drinks. So, if you love experimenting, invest in this best super automatic espresso machine under 1000.
- Can easily fit at any place
- Provides 5 drink options at the touch of a button.
- Drinks you can make: Latte, Cappuccino, Espresso (multi-length), Hot Water, Americano
- Maintenance is super easy––require half the cleaning time unlike competitor machines.
- A bit costly
8. Jura Giga W3 – Best for Offices
This coffee machine has the capacity to make a large variety of drinks for a crowd. Its innovative technology lets you be your espresso “expert” without any difficulty. It’s also super programmable––with easy to use control panel. When choosing “Expert Mode,” you can control everything like the strength of your espresso, amount of milk and water you used, shot temperature, and amount of ground coffee per brewing, etc.
Moreover, the grinder is of high-quality and makes no noise, helping you get the
- It’s customizable; super easy to operate
- It can prepare two coffee drinks simultaneously
- Prepares 43 specialty coffee drinks
- Best for office and restaurants
- Milk Preparation System is semi-automatic
- Drinks available at one touch; 12 specialty coffee drinks
- No noise
- Too large to use at home
- A bit expensive than other Jura models
What is an Automatic Espresso Machine?
Just turn it on, and the automatic espresso machine will control your water volume––pushed through the coffee grounds. You don’t have to press any button to stop the flow of water as this machine has an internal timer that usually takes 25-30 seconds to cut off the shot. This is handy and convenient because it allows you to step away while making a cup of coffee. A fully-automatic and semi-automatic machine both are a great option for multitaskers.
How does an Automatic Espresso Machine work?
All automatic espresso machines grind coffee beans perfectly and deposit the grounds into the brew part of the machine, where they will be brewed. You can choose the liquid volume using controls on the machine.
What to Look for in an Automatic Espresso Machine
When buying a new Automatic Espresso Machine just keep in mind the following 7 things to get the most from your money. Searching for the best automatic coffee machine is not hard at all and the user needs to checkout if the machine fits their lifestyle.
Things to look for when investing in an Espresso Machine:
Same as you search for other machines, there’s nothing special to look for in an Espresso Machine but a few essential things such as
- Grinding Capacity
- Water Storage
- Frothing Capability
- Ease of Cleaning
- Ease of Storage
- Pleasing Aesthetics
Types of Espresso Machine
1. Manual Espresso Maker
- This type of machine produces high-quality espresso.
- The user gets more control over the process.
- A decent design to have on your countertops.
To Keep in Mind:
- For beginners, it may be difficult to use
- These units are a bit costly
- Only recommended for experienced people
2. Semi Automatic Espresso Machine
- It is easier to use for beginners
- Allows a high-level of control.
- Perfectly brew high-quality shots of espresso.
To Keep in Mind:
- A little research is required. Some models are expensive.
3. Fully Automatic Espresso Maker
- Easy to use.
- Available is different price ranges.
To Keep in Mind:
- Some models are expensive.
- Less control over the particular flavor.
4. Super Automatic Espresso Machine
- Super easy to use.
- Have many features available–––“All-in-One” system with built-in grinders and programmable settings.
To Keep in Mind:
- Less use of hands as all the process is automotive
- They tend to be more expensive, although you can still search affordable models.
Things to consider before buying a Super Automatic Espresso Machine
When searching for the best Automatic Espresso Machine, you will need to consider the following essential factors.
- Ease of Use
- Ease of Cleaning
- Your Drink Preferences
- Customer Service
Extra Features to Consider
- Built-In Coffee Grinder
- Water Filter
- Cup Warmer
- Programmable Settings
- Frothing Wand
How to Take care of Automatic Espresso Machine?
Cleaning Non Removable Brew Groups
You can clean Non-removable brew groups internally only because this component of the machine is inseparable. You will need cleaning tablets for this purpose. Brands like Jura, comes with their own line of cleaning tablets and you can get that in the market easily.
Select the automatic cleaning cycle and the tablet will do all the work in one go. Juts place a large bowl under the espresso spout so that it could catch the dirty water.
Cleaning Removable Brew Groups
- First, you’ll need to remove brew unit.
- Rinse under warm water. We repeat use just warm water and no soap or solvent.
- Air dry the brew unit before putting it back into the machine.
- Wipe excess grinds from the lower are of the brew unit.
When cleaning any type of espresso machine always read your user manual as this should be your first step when cleaning the appliance on a deeper level.
So, now comes to the point––What’s The Best Automatic Espresso Machine?
As seen above the detailed automatic espresso machine reviews, all machines have their own pros and cons but one that shines above is the Jura E8 as it allows you to be an espresso ‘expert.’
Thank you for reading!
Share this article with all coffee lovers.